By Taazakhabar News Bureau
It doesn’t matter who you are…It doesn’t matter what or how much you do…
It doesn’t matter how lofty your dreams are…What matter is how much you believe in them and how many goals you reach…
The challenge always is how you make a big difference in the small world around you…
This holds true for Mrs. Manju Chadda, who was awarded Defender of Humanity under Woman of substance Award at a star-studded award ceremony attended by film stars, celebrities, and social elite.
Married to Brig (retired) J. K. Chadda, Mrs. Manju Chadda had been a NCC Cadet in school. Later in life as an Army-wife, she played a part regulating the social interaction between officers and jawans through their wives in the family welfare centers in various Indian Army cantonments. All these helped her understand the meaning of selfless social service without expecting anything in return.
Now at the footstep of 70s Mrs. Manju Chadda who celebrated her 50th marriage anniversary about a month ago–is contributing towards uplifting the poor slum dwellers and improving the living conditions in the Anganwadi.
Some of her other outstanding contributions towards defending the humanity have been:
- Plantation drive to plant over 800 Trees.
- Improving relations between Police and Public.
- Improving the hygienic conditions in the slums.
- Coordination with govt. agencies for faster Repair and construction of roads.
- Meeting with Local people and discussing their problems.
- Providing green cover and developing parks.
- Inculcating the habit of clean and hygienic living.
- Improving the quality of life in group housing societies.